Cwricwlwm ac asesu – Ymateb i’r Athro Donaldson.
I’ve just skimmed through Successful Futures, the report of the Donaldson “Independent Review” of the Welsh Curriculum. It recommends the following:
The purposes of the curriculum in Wales should be that children and young people develop as:
- ambitious, capable learners, ready to learn throughout their lives
- enterprising, creative contributors, ready to play a full part in life and work
- ethical, informed citizens of Wales and the world
- healthy, confident individuals, ready to lead fulfilling lives as valued members of society.
There is also a longer breakdown of these ideas, listed under the heading “Purposes of the Curriculum”.
I get the impression that this review is:
- intended as a fresh response to recent issues with Welsh education;
- based on extensive consultation;
- likely to have cost more than a couple of quid to put together.
However, it will look remarkably familiar if you have read a post of mine from June…
View original post 709 yn rhagor o eiriau